WCPAG19 invites abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations.
WCPAG 2019 will be grouping posters and presentations by theme according to the list below. Please select the most relevant theme for your abstract. These themes and topics are not a fixed list of session names but will be shaped accordingly as abstracts are received. There are some suggestions of relevant topics listed under the themes below, however we also invite abstracts on other topics relevant to each theme.
- Vulval Conditions
- Foreign Bodies
Contraception and Sexuality
- Positive Sexuality Development
- Sexual Assault
- Child Trafficking
- Teen Pregnancy
- Heavy Bleeding
- Bleeding Disorders
- Menstrual Management for Disability
- Vulval Pain
- Genital Pain
- Period Pain
- Chronic/ persistent Pelvic Pain
- Vagino-Perineal Surgery
- Turners Syndrome
- Fertility Preservation
Congenital Anomalies and outcomes
- Mullerian anomalies,
- other complex urogenital tract anomalies
- Transgender Health
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by midnight AEST Friday, 12 July 2019. Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended and abstracts will only be accepted if the presenting author has registered and paid by the presenter registration deadline of Friday, 30 August 2019.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for the WCPAG19 Congress should be emailed to email@example.com
Key Dates and Deadlines
|Abstracts open||30 November 2018|
|Abstract submission closes||12 July 2019|
|Authors notified of results||16 August 2019|
|Presenter deadline to register||30 August 2019|
Abstract Submission Details
- All abstracts to be submitted via this conference submissions page only.
- All abstracts and presentations must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations) and follow the instructions within the abstract submission portal.
- Abstract title and author information is not to be included in the body of the abstract.
- Multiple abstract submissions are permitted.
- Commercial presentations are not permitted.
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts should not contain any tables or figures. References in the text have to be cited at the end of the abstract and are included in the 300 word count.
- The use of abbreviations and acronyms should be kept to a minimum.
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight AEST, Friday 12 July 2019, for consideration by the Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by 16 August 2019, including the presentation type it has been accepted for.
- For an abstract to be formally accepted, included in the program, the presenting author must be registered to attend the Conference by 30 August 2019.
Abstracts may be submitted for one of the following presentation types:
- Oral: A spoken presentation, including introduction and question and answer time. Presenters display the research and/or findings of their accepted abstract in a PowerPoint presentation.
- Poster: The Conference will dedicate an allotted time for poster presentations with the opportunity for audience participation and enquiry.
Whilst every effort will be made to accept an abstract for the presentation type selected in the submission process, the Committee reserves the right to allocate a different presentation type if more appropriate and if program space is limited.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in WCPAG Congress 2019
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to WCPAG Congress 2019.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- The presenting author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The presenting author will immediately notify the WCPAH Congress 2019 Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author changes.
- Submission of the contact details provided are those of the presenter of the abstract. He/she will be notified about the status of the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes consent of all authors of the abstract to publication (e.g, WCPAG website, programs, other promotions).
- All authors of the abstract warrant and represent that they either are the sole owners of, or have all necessary rights to, sublicense all the information and content in the abstract provided to WCPAG and its WCPAG organisers, and that publication of the abstract does not infringe any rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, or of any third parties.
- All authors of the abstract grant WCPAG a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute and display the abstract.
- All authors of the abstract grant exclusive permission to WCPAG to record the audio and video portion, if any, of the abstract presentation at the Congress and to collect and retain all revenues from all rebroadcasts (including web broadcasts), sales and publications of such recordings.
- WCPAG reserves the right to remove from any publication any abstract that does not comply with the above.
Abstracts will be evaluated based on the information included in the abstract. Abstracts need to be based on available data. Statements such as “data will be available at the meeting” will typically lead to rejection of an abstract.
Abstracts will be peer reviewed, and this process will be managed by the Scientific Committee.
Accepted abstracts will be selected by the Organising Committee for an oral presentation or for presentation during a poster session. Authors will be invited to indicate a preference for oral or poster presentation however the final decision on presentation format will be made by the program committee.